June 27, 2019

I survived dengue fever!

Like gum infection wasn't enough, I just had to get hospitalized because of dengue fever!

But before that, I have something that might make you laugh.

My extra crispy red clay konjac sponge!


I laughed so HARD. It reminds me to 🌚 
I usually leave it in boiling water to disinfect it, then I snoozed away, then it becomes like this.

Well, anyway. I just got home again today for a long-tiring week in a hospital (St. Borromeus), thanks to dengue fever! Duh...


This was actually my second time being hospitalized here, but I had VIP room few years ago so it was all good. Now I have a crampy room with four other peoples mushed in together.

One of my biggest complaint is the overly bright lamps. There was NINE lamps in the room, making it feels more like Alfamart/Indomart rather than hospital. I have no idea why it has to be that bright?


Pic doesn't do justice, it's much brighter irl. But well, I had a nice look out the window, a small beautiful church with green lush.

The nurses are, well, some are nice some are not.
There's this one nurse who told me, "You should go to toilet on your own, don't you feel bad for the nurse?"
I'm like hellloooo, don't you feel bad FOR ME?
It's not like I kept pressing the bell every freaking time I have to pee, I pee on my own duh, but inside this pee pot thingy, and SOMETIMES I would need the nurse to 'clean' it.


What I know about dengue fever now:

- It can develop into DHF (dengue hemorrhage fever), or DSS (dengue shock syndrome).
- Normally, our body will cure itself within a week.
- Nurse will stab you in the vein every morning, just kidding, or maybe not, haha, yes you will have your blood drawn every single day.
- You will have sore gums and it might bleed (like mine).
- Hematocrit is just as important as trombosit, at a balanced level you don't really have to worry about hemorrhage.
- Fluid intake is really important. I was told to drink at least a hundred ounces of water every day. Stay moisturized guys!

My Trombosit ups and downs:

1. 280.000
2. 170.000
3. 155.000
4. 99.000
5. 70.000
6. 66.000
7. 90.000
8. 144.000
9. Today, no idea, but supposedly much better than yesterday.

Hematocrit counts:
Lowest: 37
Highest: 41

Pretty balanced. I didn't suffer nausea, no hematuria (bleeding pee) either, and I can still eat well. But my liver is taking a heavy toll from dengue and is still swelling now. Poor liver, I'll make sure I take the multi-vitamins called Hepa-balanced religiously. Now I'm recovering and have grown extra hatred towards mosquitoes!


Ordered Hakata Ikkousha! Wishing it to be nice and done like it'd always be, but false hope I was wrong! The noodle would always be uncooked for a take-away *weep* I called them and they told me to 'just cook it'. I'm like "How?! I'm in a hospital for God's sake."
Anyway I told the uber-food driver: "Make sure you don't let a nurse catch you!" lol


LIBERATION DAY!

No more IV drip!

Anyway, I'll catch you guys on my next post. I have this long overdue post about Hakata Ikkousha ramen that I planned to post from weeks ago! Stay healthy!

7 comments:

  1. Get well soon ... Healty is most important in life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog - I have every sympathy with you being hospitalised. My husband spent yesterday in hospital, but fortunately was fit enough to return home by the evening. However, he only had a snack for supper, but fortunately all of the nurses and the doctors were faultless in both their treatment and courtesy.
    Hope all is now well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, you have had such a hard time,, I hope all of this is behind you! Take care and heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog.
    I'm sorry to read you had Dengue fever - and you survived, well done - keep getting better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief! I'm sorry for all you went through. I don't know anybody who's had dengue fever.

    ReplyDelete