December 2, 2020

Lembang Floating Market Part II & The Great Asia Africa

Finally! it's the last month of our dreary 2020, I really wish I could wrap it up nicely, in a less boring way 'cause well, it's been boring! I was forced to attend online class from February to July and it wasn't fun! it's nicer to be in a class, meeting people in person. So yea, I hope we can start a normal, offline class starting next year. As for new year resolution, as per usual, I have none. Life goes on and that's it, new year or not I still have to do better.

Anyway, my and a relative went to Lembang floating market, again!!! lol, consider this post to be sequel of my latest travel post. This time we went to two places though, floating market and the great Asia Africa. Wished we could have visited more :c

November 12th


One of my favorite chilling spot, a bit cloudy but the weather was nice! 


The matcha lake, as I called it, was still green as ever, no boat today though.




Enjoying my free, warm, welcome drink

Heheheu took this nice jumping pic. Mine turned out bad so I won't post it.


Favorite chilling place numero uno, as I've previously mentioned, I'd spend all day sitting here painting (once I get rid of my art block)

The filter was from Snow app, try it out it's really funny couldn't stop laughing watching this video I randomly took hahahaha. (Sticker was from Inshot app).







Lunch time. I didn't take a pic of the full course menu though, was too hungry!






Never liked posing for pictures because it's just awkward! But here's one.


Cat was following me only because I had dry cat food with me all the time, not because they actually like me :c




Cepot! I like cepot, wayang.



I LOVE this small 'kampung style' outdoor restaurant, very nature-ish with Sundanese vibe! But he didn't like the grilled fish he ordered from this place hahaha.



Wohooo photos come out without back light problem! Happy~

The spiral potato wasn't crispy that day :c so sad, I really liked it though... but anyway the milk was the bomb! 



Hoo, I really like this sweet, ginger rich, "ronde jahe"!!! perfect for cold windy day!







The bunny was so cute, but isn't too hairy for a bunny, rabbit? lol I meant it looks like an Angora rabbit but less fluffier? 







How I wish to have a house with rustic vibe like this ㅠㅠ



This picture comes out nicely!



Another favorite pictures I took~ Yellow cosmos flowers!

Trying out Samsung macro mode. and oh wow Samsung is not bad isn't it? 




I wish this were my own personal garden. lol



View from Rainbon Garden
Met a group of old ladies who asked me to take pictures for them, and they were funny, haha.


What a lovely pathway, isn't it?



Small paddy field


We moved to another place called "the great Asia Africa" in the afternoon, it's only few miles away from floating market. We spent almost six hours in floating market. 09.00 am to almost 15.00 pm, walking!!! and we gonna walk for a few more hours! 

The Great Asia Africa

Jl. Raya Lembang - Bandung No.71, Gudangkahuripan, Lembang, Kabupaten Bandung Barat, Jawa Barat 40391

Entry ticket: IDR 50.000 
Opens 09.00 AM to 18.00 PM

They're selling merchandises here, kinda expensive though.




Can spend hours here with coffee or tea and a laptop.

I'm afraid of heights... but I took this picture anyway.

There's that gondola thing, like, the kind of gondola that's attached to a railway, that you can ride on and it will bring you straight down to the 'real' the great asia africa with only IDR 15.000, if I'm not mistaken. (but it's free at 18.00 PM!). But we chose to just, walk!

 한국 마을!!! I really didn't expect to see this lol.

the box though... lol




This place is selling rice cakes!



Indian areas. Too bad I didn't get the chance to eat in the Indian restaurant inside that building. Ahhh!!! I LOVE Indian food. I'll be making tandoori chicken soon to satisfy my crave!

Cosmos~



Who would've thought this picture was taken in Lembang haha, it reminds me of Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine in Kyoto!



Doctor fish SPA... IDR 10.000 for 10 minutes. I wouldn't try it though... I'm EXTREMELY ticklish.





We came way too late so all the shops were closed :c


Ema plates! But instead of wooden plates... these are just papers! What will you write though?





if they ever put all these up for sale, I'll buy it!!! I'm collecting traditional Japanese stuffs. I have an okay collection of authentic Japanese kimonos and other smaller stuffs, like... oshie kurumie and washi papers!


We only had three hours to explore the great Asia Africa which of course, wasn't enough! The sun sets so fast so I wasn't able to get good pictures and many of the shops were closed down. I'll take more pictures later on, since it's not soo far away from where I live now, only 7 miles away. But I like floating market more than the great Asia Africa simply because floating market was much more beautiful, more flowery and more nature-ish. There's still many places in Lembang I have yet to visit! I wanna go to Orchid Forest, Dusun Bambu, The Ranch, and Farm House!

As I write this I'm still recovering from a dengue fever, again, like, seriously I had dengue fever too last year but this time I refuse to get bedridden in a hospital. I woke up with blood on my pillow in Nov 25th and apparently, the blood was from my right ear. I had it checked by ENT doctor, just in case the bleeding wasn't because of dengue! But doc said everything seemed okay? and I just need RF therapy for my inferior turbinate hypertrophy, which unfortunately can only be done next year due to corona.

I really hope I can blog more frequently though, lol fingers crossed. But let's see I hope I'd have more will to actually post. I downloaded blogger app from Google play store but that app was really meh I uninstalled it right away, I thought it can be nice to be able to write casually from my phone sometimes, but apparently no, lol. accessing blogger from Chrome is nicer.

Anyway, I finally met these cute fluffy soufflés! They're only few months old.




So cute so cute!
They don't have a name yet, any suggestion?

And oh, I decided to separate my Instagram account, one is for artsy stuffs and the new one is my personal-daily Instagram, follow me on @kimyoung_88 if you want! Thankies! 

Lastly, I tried to incorporate short videos to my post now, I tried to use blogger's video but it was sooo bad that I just switched to YouTube. So yeah I hope you enjoy this post and I'll see you on my next post!

I will leave you with my latest favorite music, 너의 의미 (meaning of you) by 김창완. I know I have grandpa's taste, lol! 




16 comments:

  1. so many wonderful views and lovely objects from architectures to lake to flowers to cats to koi fish to traditional foods.... all are interesting.

    Thank you for sharing videos.... have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to finally see your post again! Lembang indeed got many beautiful places, and seeing your pictures heals my nature-lust a bit since I'm one of those who still stuck at office. and those cats got the roundest eyes. o_o Get well soon tho!
    P.S. 너의 의미 has been my favorite too since 아이유 ft. 김창완

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day you had with much to see and do. I like the Japanese gardens, created and built so well, it feels like Japan. Hope you get better from the Dengue fever, having it twice must be so draining for you. Stay away from the mosquitoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is indeed a great chronicle about your journey to Lembang. Wish I could visit this place too one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, seems you have a good time there 😂

    Just a few days ago, I read about floating market from friend'a blog and now I read it again from your blog, which make me wanna go there too hahahaha. By the way, I also had trouble when wanna post video using blogger's video, so I using Youtube, now 😅

    Have a good weekend Young, wish everything going well for you this month 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet adventure in food and scenery. Looks like cats really love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing place! Three hours would definitely not be enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i absolutely love all photos:) this place is incredibile full of wonders:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love it all the phots~ thanks for so many beautiful photos~ The great Asia Africa looks great and wow the weather was perfect
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! That Ginger soup stuff looks interesting. I have never heard of it. Those kittens are adorable! Did you ever come up with names? Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I just followed you here and on IG too.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mom's been calling them weird names like hey white socks! hey orange! hey smollie. Thanks for the follow~

      Delete
  11. i love your all photos, it's amazing..
    i like wedang ronde, too ... :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow there's a lot of photo and I enjoy it all.
    It feels like you take me to Lembang with those photos. Damn, I miss Bandung and Lembang.

    ReplyDelete