July 30, 2019

Unboxing Art Supply Packages!

This is a loooong overdue packages from a year back! I haven't gotten a chance to open it up because it was sent to Sweden (I was in Sweden last year), but alas! Before every single package reaches Sweden I sadly had to go to Indonesia to settle up some business.

All of these are art supplies! Natural, hand milled, earth-ochre, mineral-gemstones watercolor paints from Stoneworks Mill, Wildthorne, and Ruby Mountain. Aside from paints, I also got myself the beautiful beautiful handmade paper from Amalfi, and a lovely art book by Kateri Ewing, "Look Closer Draw Better".


When the new (old) packages arrive and you just feel so giddy!



Stoneworks Mill paints! My most favorite handmade watercolor paints so far! Kelli, the owner, was so generous! She included lots of freebies in the package, I think it's legit for me to cry now. I will send her some paintings and art goodies later on. Thanks Kelli, you are the best!

What I ordered:
Terra Artem Shell Set
Terra Artem Mini Shell Set
Cartesian Set, The Great Outdoors palette
Viridian green pan
Falling Leaves palette
Kingfisher and larkspur: gifts ( those two colors along with some exquisite colors in half and full pans!)
I also received The Winter Horizon palette as gift!




Pictures by Kelli of Stoneworks Mill paints

The precious, teeny tiny Terra Artem river shell set that I really adore. One of a kind, special assortment of the tiniest river shells from her studio. 

She securely attached small magnets to the small shells and put them inside a tiny metal tin. She also gave me a small pink shell as an alternate holder for the river shells. Just how beautiful that seashell is?

And here's the actual, bigger Terra Artem shell set that was available on her Etsy store:

Pictures by Kelli of Stoneworks Mill
Another favorite palette from SWM, The Great Outdoors cartesian palette. Phew! Nine alluring colors that granulates beautifully, some colors have a bit of sparkling shimmer in it, this is just so beautiful.

I promise I'll be reviewing every single Stoneworks Mill paints on a separate post. I've tried them and oh wow, it's hard for me to get back to factory made paints now. I've fallen in love too deep with handmade watercolors.

Moving along, I have this lovely palette from Wildthorne...




This is a special palette from Wildthorne called "Art is for everyone" palette. Curated by my favorite artist Kateri Ewing and meticulously hand milled by Kim Wildthorne. Kim, however, changed the name of this palette to "Dandelion" palette not too long ago.

It's all thanks to Kateri Ewing that I got to know the exquisite world of artisanal watercolors. I love how this palette has that bright yellow color called Mimosa, which, allowing me to make a wider range of colors creation. Just like what the creator said on her site, " the Dandelion palette is a great introductory set to the world of artisan mineral watercolor".

Picture by Kim Wildthorne

Last but not least is paints from Ruby Mountain. Kate posted this one certain palette called Icelandic palette and I thought I just had to buy it!



Picture by Kate of Ruby Mountain paints
How you like the swatches?!! I love it! The colors have beautiful granulation and they're giving off a vintage vibe, reminds me of wall arts I saw in Drottningholm palace.



Amalfi paper and an art book, "Look Closer Draw Better" by Kateri Ewing! It's a beautiful book, really, if you are into art I highly suggest you to get a hand on this book. This book allows me to see and enjoy art from another perspective, it allows me to discover a secret beauty of ordinary objects in our daily lives, and how to enjoy the artistic progress in a calm, meditative approach.

The book is nicely priced on Amazon, here's the link.


My wooden handmade watercolors stash box I got from my cousin's wedding. My collection is small but definitely growing, slowly but sure.

I know I'll need a bigger one soon. There's a lot of things I need to buy in the future. I've been eyeing Rivelove paints by Andeline Wright for a while now, oh my gosh she has one of the most exquisite, the most intriguing, special, unique handmade watercolors paints ever made. The colors especially her WO191 granulates beautifully like no other!

Wow, what a long entry! I'll be back with more post that will showcase my recent paintings featuring handmade paints from Stoneworks Mill, Ruby Mountain, and Wildthorne.

Toodles!

13 comments:

  1. wow looks like a lot of goodies to have fun with and be creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what an awesome haul! You got so many fun creative things! Enjoy using them all! :)

    Hope that you are having a lovely week :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky that all your packages got to you! Treasures in each one. Thanks for sharing and thank you for your visit/comment. Wishing you so much fun with your new supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    your packages have treasure dear Kim and i can imagine your excitement for receiving such wonderful stuff for your art adventure :)

    handmade colors are not familiar to me but must have some specialty as i can see you likening for them
    i would love to see your art too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these beautiful, exciting art supplies, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, the packaging is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow I love it all the art supplies ~
    This look very pretty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shall look forward to seeing what you do with these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely love it. I am so sure that you love what you have received!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg its so cool. i'm always hope can make bullet journal with use this

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful color pallete. I love all the swab from your art supply. Happy working with them all.

    ReplyDelete