June 13, 2019

Lower braces and one week update

It's a living hell, literally.

If anyone of you is reading this and considering braces, just forget it, get invisalign instead. You will save a LOT of time. Instead of spending years, you'll only need a few good months, with minimum pain.

Okay, so I just got my lower braces yesterday, and it's exactly one week since I got my upper braces.

Lower Braces:

Let's just jump into the real problem here.



It's really not the pain, the pain is bearable but the real problem after I got my lower braces is:

My bite feels misaligned and I can't rest my jaw properly!

I had perfect bite before and everything was actually fine except for my impacted canine tooth on the right side (well it's kinda cute but I prefer a perfect smile).

Suddenly I can't close my molars perfectly, it feels so weird! I complained about it to my dentist and she tried to remove some more glue from my teeth, which, somehow got left there. But I felt no improvement.

So if I open my mouth, then close it... *let's imagine it in a slow motion* my upper-right second bicuspid tooth will HIT my bottom teeth first, resulting a BIG gap between the upper to lower molars on the left side.

This is downright bad! I have uneven resting jaw because of this! Not only that, I can't even chew food properly ㅠㅠ

I have no idea is this is temporary or it's gonna be worse. I made an appointment with a real, actual orthodontist tomorrow at 10 A.M. so I hope everything will be okay. I seriously hope nothing bad had happened to my jaw yet, I don't want a TMJ or, for the worst, crooked face, ew!

Upper braces update:

Moderate pain, zero pain killer. Second to third day being the most painful of all because the metal brackets are DIGGING in to my inner cheek and lips, though, I didn't get ulcers until today!

I brush my teeth almost four times per day, especially after meal. I also gargle with Himalayan pink salt water and Betadine mouth wash to control bacteria growth.

The saddest part is: I can't eat voraciously like I always did.

I also noticed that my right second bicuspid started to feel a bit off, like it starts to crook away because I can feel it lightly nudging my lower teeth whenever I bite. Now it's hell worse with lower braces! ( p.s. I had my right first bicuspid on the right taken off to create space for the cuspid)

I really wish I'd read THIS before :c
I spent USD 245 for both upper and lower braces, and I might need the same amount to have it removed. We'll see though!

6 comments:

  1. This time will pass, I have had braces long ago, no fun. This new Invisalign sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it removed today, two orthodontist agreed that the braces was wrongly put and it's causing me a great pain. I have severe gum abscess now :c

      Delete
  2. Clean clinic, hope everything goes well with you.

    # I follow you

    ReplyDelete