June 15, 2019

Getting my braces removed [urgently]

Okay, now that the pain has subsided a bit, I can finally write a post. I'm still healing from my bad bad periconoritis now, I had my braces removed yesterday, and now I'll be sharing the story.

So first of all, I had my braces put by a dentist almost two weeks ago. That time, again, I didn't know that only orthodontists are legitimately licensed to do so. I simply thought a dentist could also put braces on.

You can check my older post to see my experience with the braces. The pain was moderate, still really annoying though because I can't eat as fast as I used to, I also need to say good bye to my favorite food!

Anyway, I had an ominous foreboding about my braces, I felt like it was so wrong... so I thought I'd better consult a orthodontist.

13th June:

Had appointment with Drg. Adhy Ganjar Sp, Ort. He looks so young but he seems smart and competent, he's also a very humorous person! After checking my whole teeth, he said there's few problems with my current braces:

1. The center line. Two of my central teeth will slowly moving to the right side. Which is not good, take a look at Tom Cruise. It's true though because within almost two weeks, my central front teeth have already moved by 2 milimeters to the right. He told me that if I'd need one of my tooth (from the left that) extracted so that the central teeth move right to its proper place.



2.  According to him, I should have one or two lower teeth taken out before getting the braces. But the 'first' dentist didn't have a single one extracted. So what will happen here is, my lower jaw will recede to the back, which isn't nice! He told me I already have a perfect side profile (that makes me happy, lol).

Though, he didn't force me to remove the braces. It's all up to me whether I want to keep it or NUKE it. But of course I want to have it removed after hearing all that, who wants teeth like Tom's? I don't! He said I should give myself a lot of time to think and also talk to the first dentist and told her politely why I want it removed.

Later that night, my lower right jaw, near the wisdom tooth, got really really really, extremely, painful. So painful that I couldn't even sleep. I'm so lucky because I already made an appointment with an orthodontist Alex Iskandar Sp, Ort. the next day.

14th June:

Went to ALEXIS clinic, I love the way he shorten his name to Alexis. I love the place, modern and clean, just nice! There was a kitten sleeping in front of the main door, it didn't seem to be bothered as people walks by.



Anyway, the pain had become extremely unbearable by morning, and I still had to drive alone #$^&*@#@!!! Apparently, I have a severe infection on my right wisdom teeth called periconoritis. The infection was caused by improper braces installment, because there were no teeth being taken out, my wisdom tooth got squeezed back, injuring the gum, and with all the nasty bacteria I have in my mouth, it got infected.

What wisdom tooth, we should change its name to cursedom tooth.

I kinda begged him to remove my braces. All of that USD 243 metal brackets! I can't bear the pain anymore. Not only it was wrongly put, the braces had caused me a painful, severe, periconoritis. The infection has spread to my neck, causing my lymph nodes to swell and become tender. I have difficulty swallowing and breathing, and I can barely open my mouth.

Dr. Alex couldn't clean the brackets glue due to my mouth being unable to fully open. I made another appointment next month because he's fully booked.

I don't care I lost bunch of money. USD 243 "for braces" is considered cheap, very cheap, and that's why I decided to get it. Worst decision I've ever made, really. I wanted it cheap, ended up damaging my teeth more.

What happen to my teeth after the whole ordeal?

Dr. Alex said it will go back to its original position, because my front central teeth has already moved a bit.

I get my bite perfectly aligned back into its original position right after.

My teeth turned a bit transparent on the edge, I hate this... I hope they can do something about it. I'm not sure what have caused it :c

I'm still healing from my severe infection, day 3 and I began to feel better.

Since I had one of my bicuspid extracted, I'm at point where there's no turn back. I should keep on going, either with traditional braces or invisalign. Though, I think I'll go with invisalign next time. It's costly but I think it's really worth it.

At least I've learnt my lesson. I lost money, and healthy teeth. I wanted it cheap but it makes everything more expensive for me now. Guys, really, if you are considering braces, get it right from the beginning, let an actual orthodontist put it for you.

Now I need to distract myself from the pain, see you on next post!

12 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm so sorry to hear about your braces ordeal:( I didn't even know an infection like that can happen. Good that you got the braces taken out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, at least my teeth are saved (even though they're in a bad shape now). Money can always be made. Gotta stay positive!

      Delete
  2. oh ouch! sorry to hear aboout your braces! sounds horid! nicely writting post and i do love the photos you used! thanks for sharing


    Jadieegosh   Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping a message, I'm still recovering and I gotta stay positive. I'd fix my teeth later ^-^

      Delete
  3. I had to giggle a little when you said, "Cursedom tooth."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ikr! I wonder why people call it wisdom tooth!

      Delete
  4. Dear Kim i am genuinely sorry for the pain you been bearing since long time !!!!!!!!

    thank you for sharing your story with us
    it is always relief to see a good doctor specially the one with good sense of humor

    here in our part of land we also call it tooth of wisdom and it is nice to know that you do so either

    i am at peace to know that finally you began to feel better my friend!

    thank you so much for kind visit and words!
    hugs!
    get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you went through all this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yowch! This is awful! I didn't know that about Tom Cruise.

    ReplyDelete